Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Unclever Title

Just a few quick updates....

This Thursday will be the 17th Signal Battalion's Welcome Home Ceremony. To mark the occaision, our place of duty for the day is the base near my house for "mandatory fun" after a short, pompous, and circumstantial ceremony. I'll be standing in ranks as part of said ceremony. After the military business is through, we are rewarded with $1 beers and $1 wine. Somehow for that price I figure they will be serving them to us in Dixie cups instead of the traditional German .5 litre mugs. But to top it off, we have a little band playing at 2200. You may have heard of them....Staind. Yep, we got Staind :) Rumor had it that Godsmack was going to show up. Hell, the more the merrier!

On a personal note, I have pulled out of my terrible funk and am doing much better than expected. Many of you know why, too.

I just walked in from passing a PT test. Not bad for not trying because of just getting over bronchitis. Never failed one yet, and to top it off I lost 10 pounds on the "hefeweissen diet".

So, I am back to the sunny side of the egg instead of the frying pan side. I may be spending this coming (4-day) weekend in France, so lots of fun coming up. I just don't understand why everyone doesn't join the Army.....

13 Comments:

Blogger brainhell said...

> I just don't understand why everyone doesn't join the Army.....

Will they let me fire a TOW missile from a wheelchair?

11:24  
Blogger Dorman said...

I can talk to the Colonel. I'll vouch for you. We'd probably have to enhance the brake mechanism so you wouldn't get shot back as fast ;)

11:29  
Blogger kgfkj;kjgkfj said...

Beautiful pic of Kitz.

I'm definitely taking more pics this time. :)

20:15  
Blogger kgfkj;kjgkfj said...

Btw, the hefeweissen diet is good stuff! I have two of those empties sitting on a bookshelf in my livingroom. :-D

20:18  
Blogger mattandriver said...

Well at least you’re on the happy side as of late. Let’s keep it up please. Enjoy the fun while it lasts.

STAIND!!! YOU (insert really bad word here)! Add Godsmack yet??? Fine, be that way. I’ll just be here calling coaches, reviewing parliamentary procedures and bylaws, scheduling games and being stressed out. ;-)

> I just don't understand why everyone doesn't join the Army..... Yea, um, ok….

Tell spiderlord to give shortie a kiss for me.

20:24  
Blogger Dorman said...

**WARNING** no kids (that means you Zak & Sadie) should follow this link.

OK that said, you all must check out Baker's blog.... terribly funny and I can vouch for the truth of the events.

http://spiderlord.blogspot.com/


give the dude some love by checking it out and commenting. His entries had me laughing so hard I was crying the other day.

23:56  
Blogger kgfkj;kjgkfj said...

HAHAHAHAHAAHA Omg, the "Women I Love" entry was f-ing hysterical!

Props to Baker. :D

20:14  
Blogger Carnealian said...

I hope you were wearing your Guinness pants last night! I actually had a Guinness last night which was a good reminder why I don't drink that. YUK!

Had to switch to Harp and Cider.

10:17  
Blogger kgfkj;kjgkfj said...

MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Guinness!!!!

20:38  
Blogger Dorman said...

Oooh La la. Just got in from a most incedible weekend in Paris. Never would I have thought that this would be my life when I was sitting in the desert a few months ago. Bob, hurry up and get here....

more info and pics later

16:39  
Blogger kgfkj;kjgkfj said...

2 1/2 weeks , dude! :D

20:09  
Blogger Dorman said...

unfortunately Bob's visit doesn't allow for any full weekend to travel. if he would be able to stay just 2 more days we could go anywhere in europe. Talk some sense into the boy and get him to extend!!!!

23:58  
Blogger kgfkj;kjgkfj said...

Hey, man. I wanted to come there over the summer and spend a couple weeks there. 2 definitely, maybe 3.

But I was told tha tteh summer might be a little busy for you.

At any rate, I will be in Frankfurt at 8 am on Friday the 7th of April. Maybe we can check out other places that weekend.
Anyways.....damn dude, I gotta somehow get a DoD offer and live in Europe. M would love it and so would I.

17:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home