Sunday, January 29, 2006

Impressionist? Does He Do Nixon?

Today I spent trying to put some culture into my life. Carnealian and I met Tonya in Philadelphia today to go to several museums, one of which was the Philadelphia Museum of Art (you've seen it in Rocky). We walked around gazing at Picaso, Monet, etc., until we came to an atrium with benches. Me being me, I had been trying to make lame-assed comments about the art in an attempt to be what some would call "funny". Typically, when I would say something like, "Monet probably thought he was a photorealist but was just myopic", T or Carn would just look at me in disbelief that they were in a public place with me. Then it happened.

Sitting on that bench between T and Carn, I quite possibly said the most inane statement to ever come out of my mouth besides "I do." Carn said that the building across the street, also named the Philadelphia Museum of Art, was probably the Rodin (pron. 'Roe - dan') exhibit. To which I hit bottom with, "Rodin....didn't he fight Godzilla?"

Carn's head snapped around in Exorcist fashion as she blurted out, "WHAT!?!" with as much disgust and disdain as any woman can muster. I started laughing so hard because she made me jump. There we are, Carn thoroughly in disbelief, me laughing so hard that tears are squirting out of my eyes, and T sitting next to me shaking her head muttering "Gawdzirra". The girls walked away from me to save some face, but I followed. That is when it hit me how truly stupid that statement was....which just fueled more laughter from me. I must have laughed at myself for 20 minutes as they kept walking in fear of being kicked out.

12 Comments:

Blogger SnotSucker said...

Thanks for stopping by and saying "hello". ;)

05:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

now that is funny!

08:13  
Blogger Dorman said...

sorry snot. uh. wasn't thinkin' :(

10:27  
Blogger brainhell said...

Your artwork for this post is faaaaan-tastic!

10:37  
Blogger Carnealian said...

And that's the kind of stuff that makes you so loveable!! I had a great time yesterday!

14:55  
Blogger mattandriver said...

You did something stupid and I missed it. Crap!

How come that condom place didn't make the blog? ;)

17:18  
Blogger Dorman said...

here ya go for that.

21:09  
Blogger SnotSucker said...

Have a safe trip back to the 'motherland'!

05:28  
Blogger mattandriver said...

See ya round the next bend dude!

17:25  
Blogger rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

carn likes culture...what a suprise. what is she doing with you?

glad to see you are having fun.

10:44  
Blogger rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

i have been trying to not bother you and let you live a little, but i have got a post you really should visit, there are people there, that need to hear your point of view real bad dorman. http://www.northamericanpatriot.com/a_north_american_patriot/2006/02/i_owe_my_friend.html#comments

12:28  
Blogger rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

http://www.northamericanpatriot.com/
a_north_american_patriot/2006/02/
i_owe_my_friend.html#comments

had to bust it up. sorry

12:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home