Thursday, March 23, 2006

Paris sans L'Hilton

Been living on the sunny side of the mountain lately, so here are some things that have been going on with me professionally and personally.

We switched to the new ACU uniforms this week. Style over function, feels like the French designed this one. A zipper on a uniform?? Please. And the velcro...what the hell were these people thinking. Funny watching soldiers sit close together and accidentally pull each others arm patches off because their velcro caught. I'd post a picture of me in them for visual reference but apparently it is impossible for me to get someone to take it for me....soon enough I will.

As of Monday, I will be the Section Sergeant for my shop's section. Didn't get promoted yet so they are getting their money's worth out of me. Been working late every day this week but today....today we came in an hour early so I can't catch a break. Feeling a bit exhausted. Going from lazy to physical labor is not the transition I like to make.

Been trying to set aside time each night to process all the pictures I took from our 3 days in Paris this past weekend. I took about 200 pics with the new Nikon and so many turned out better than I expected. So if you've been on my mailing list that's been receiving these, hope you're enjoying them there are more to come. If not, too bad, more to come anyway :)

Paris really changed my opinion. I admit it. I hated the French prior to this but Paris was not the dirty smelly city I was told it would be. Maybe the sewers in March are less odoriferous because of the cool air. Je ne sais pas. I was the only one of us that spoke French, so when the locals seemed to get a bit grumpy, I'd whip out some phrases and that seemed to ease the mood. There is nothing that can describe the Eiffel Tower at night when it is lit up. My pics can't even come close to capturing it. Realistically, it is just a metal tower with some christmas lights strung throughout. But somehow in a gestalt phenomenon, it takes your breath away. I am hoping to start a Flickr account (or similar) this weekend to house these pics and the other pics that I consider "art".

4 Comments:

Blogger mattandriver said...

Personal: Sunny side up is a great feeling to enjoy. Walk proud, my friend, and thanks for the pics.

Professional: Military Intelligence is a contradiction in terms.

16:30  
Blogger SnotSucker said...

Glad you had a good time and nice pics as always. Looking forward to more. I'm sorry Melissa & I didn't get to stay there last year like we were supposed to during our trip to Italy. Our trip was not as scent free as yours. It was quite fragrant (garbage & sour milk) when we departed the plane and entered the terminal. Nice way to greet your tourists.

17:40  
Blogger kgfkj;kjgkfj said...

Yes the pics are great. My co-workers love them.
I didn't notice any odd smells in Frankfurt, thank god.

17:19  
Blogger rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

glad things are looking up. careful though, French waiters have a tendency to pee in your water.

08:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home