Thursday, October 27, 2005

The "Way-Back" Machine

Let's all get in our Way-Back Machines and roll back time 14 years or so. Here's the scenario....

Bob, Joel, Brian, STBEW, and myself have cookout at my house in Shamokin Dam, PA. We decide to go to a local pub just up the road, the Old Trail Inn, to see a rising local band play. I remember vaguely the singer because he hit on my STBEW while I was standing there, but all in good fun. I remember the band was loosely based in Northumberland, PA, while the singer allegedly attended college at Susquehanna University in Selinsgrove, PA. The singer was not a big guy, medium build really with long curly dark brown hair. Pretty boy. We all liked the music, was a little grungier than the other successful local band, Dirty Looks. The band had a strange name, I think it was multiple words which got eventually shortened as they became more popular. They put out a CD, picture on the back or inside cover showed the band sitting on the back stoop of a house in Norry, B&W.

Why Can I remember all these damned details but can't remember the name of this band. If you have a clue please respond. There has to be some local band trivia buffs out there from central PA. (How many times can I include "PA" in this post?) This is the kind of thing that I find myself thinking about because I have nothing but frikkin' time to do so. This deployment has been akin to the moment before one dies wherein your whole life flashes before your eyes.....but it has lasted for 10 months so far. Help.

22 Comments:

Blogger SnotSucker said...

Badlees, fuzzy bunny slippers?????

20:16  
Blogger Dorman said...

Badlees is it!!! Damn that was quick. :)

20:27  
Blogger Carnealian said...

Why was I unaware that the lead singer was hot??? I have never seen this band, but of course the name is burned in my brain.

09:55  
Blogger SnotSucker said...

Uhhhh IL, I was there!!!!!

10:49  
Blogger Dorman said...

Loaded Dice...ya loaded in more ways than one ;)

You guys are taking me out to see local bands when I get back.

16:07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes,it was the Badlees.

05:40  
Blogger mattandriver said...

Well, hello G.

10:16  
Blogger kgfkj;kjgkfj said...

Badlees? Why on earth do I not remember this night at all? AND I don't remember listening to any music by them.

Dean, If you get a chance to come to DC when you are home, I'll take you to the 9:30 club. They always have local bands playing there.

10:22  
Blogger brainhell said...

He's not pretty.

11:06  
Blogger Dorman said...

BH, the years must have ben less than kind to him. Bob, you were Bob-faced as usual that night, so no surprise you don't remember. Remember Joel body slamming your ass on our front porch?

13:04  
Blogger Dorman said...

So, who can remember the *original* name of the Badlees? STBEW, you should if you remember that night, because they played under that name.

13:06  
Blogger kgfkj;kjgkfj said...

I remember Joel slamming not my ass, but my face on the porch that night. Fwiw, I held my own, sort of. :) But I don't remember seeing the band.

18:58  
Blogger Dorman said...

Uh, Joel.... sounds like Bob is challenging our perceptions of reality.

21:16  
Blogger Carnealian said...

The 9:30 Club is awesome! They get great bands there. It's just a short drive...

11:15  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

badlee white

18:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my cousin dates one of the guys in the band.

18:55  
Blogger Dorman said...

Correct Bad Lee White...which I think is much cooler.

19:18  
Blogger kgfkj;kjgkfj said...

Jeebus!

All this talk of "way-back" nights and bands, any luck in getting a copy of the original Dirty Looks album/tape, Dean?

19:48  
Blogger Dorman said...

hell no. Anyone know Heinrick Oetsergaard or Jack Pyers? Someone has to know Jack, he is still local I think. Anyway, they must hav a copy around somewhere. That was the best album...before a high-priced producer screwed up their sound.

19:52  
Blogger SnotSucker said...

Must be the amnesia from the ass kicking he received!!!!!! It was such an awful asskicking he has placed it so far back in his mind, he can't remember much from that night!

02:44  
Blogger brainhell said...

White Stallion.

10:14  
Blogger kgfkj;kjgkfj said...

Joel,

It must not have been that bad of an ass kicking, seeing how I remember that fun and not seeing the Badlees. And since my head slammed on the porch, I had no concussion. Or maybe it was a concussion and that is why I remember nothing about seeing the band. Btw, didn't STBEW and Joel's EW, tell us to cool it after that? That's when Joel picked me up and gave me his manly hug. ;)

19:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home