Sunday, April 17, 2005

Thank You

Today I didn't expect much, typical Sunday. Usually I sleep in and try to lay low so I don't get stuck doing any work on what is supposed to be my 'day off'. So, I was sitting here watching some Monster Garage and Sopranos episodes when I got a mail delivery. I didn't expect anything, so I was quite surprised.
As it turns out, Sally DeWitt saw my name on the BooksForSoldiers.com web page (link on the right side of this page). Out of the kindness of her heart, she showed her support for us soldiers with a generous gift. I was overwhelmed and so appreciative that someone I have never met is concerned about me here. You see, it gets rather boring being isolated, living in tents or CHUs, in the middle of Iraq. Though many of us have PS2, Xbox, computers, DVD players, we tend to run through our supply of movies and games quickly. Fresh DVD movies, games, and books are always welcome; any kind of entertainment to distract us from our daily grind. So I urge you all to participate in the BooksForSoldiers.com program. Use the link to the right and pick some soldier, I am sure he or she will appreciate the support more than I can even explain.

Thank you very much Sally!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home